Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Scrum Master who will help lead the team (in conjunction with the Product Owner) in delivering IT services to the business in an impactful way on a day-to-day basis and be an excellent teammate and communicator with the ability to facilitate creativity and empowerment for the team. This role will be based out of Edmonton Alberta.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll provide day-to-day leadership of delivery of complex IT services to large parts of the organization in the context of producing products that will drive significant business impact across the different parts of a BU.
- You’ll bring deep agile expertise to bear on crafting and driving both product delivery and development of entire Lab culture.
- You’ll coach the team and broader organization on how to use scrum & agile practices methodologies.
- You’ll oversee scrum process, coach the team; facilitate open and adaptive team culture.
- You’ll support product owner on release planning.
- You’ll remove all impediments to the team’s success, such as cultural barriers or logistic challenges, supporting the Product Owner, and ensuring that the team’s progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders.
- You’ll foster close collaboration across all team members, encourage cross-training and supporting each other.
- You’ll facilitate communication and collaboration inside and outside the team.
- You’ll shield the team from external interference and ensure the team is fully functional and productive.
- You’ll generate agile mindset in team through conversations, coaching, and role-playing exercises.
- You’ll build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an experienced Scrum Master (3 years minimum, 5+ years preferred) with experience as a developer and/or in a leadership role preferred.
- You have experience in scheduling and coordinating meetings, identifying risks/dependencies/impediments, and coordinating resources and juggling multiple priorities.
- You promote creative thinking and self-improvement within the team.
- You are confident and skilled at navigating the team through road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time.
- You coach teams on agile practices and ensures adherence to agile methodology to deliver maximum business value on time.
- You resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue.
- You bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them.
- You build a sense of trust and rapport that enables an effective workplace.
- You’re passionate about innovation and bring a “can do” attitude.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.