Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a QA Specialist Developer. This role will be based out of Calgary Alberta.
How you will bring value…
In this role you will be tasked with positively disrupting its core businesses with innovative and impactful products using advanced technologies. You will act as a quality champion and empower teams to create highly performant and secure systems. You act entrepreneurially to try unhappy paths and edge cases in performance and security testing to create a highly resilient system. You strategically leverage a combination of automated and manual testing methods to efficiently cover the system’s end to end functionality without compromising quality. You are comfortable working in a constantly changing work environment and are fully dedicated to the “automate everything” principle.
What you will be doing…
- Ensure every feature developed by the team is tested and provide technical troubleshooting support where required.
- Have a “bigger picture” understanding of the product vision and work alongside designers/Product Owner to provide a customized approach to translate their vision into a strategic testing plan.
- Design complex, comprehensive test suites with a continuous improvement mindset to efficiently cover the system’s functionality without compromising quality.
- Provide guidance to Scrum Master and Product Owner on prioritization of defects.
- Act as the deep technical specialist resource to IT and business operations to design tests for production environments to ensure quality.
- Provide risk mitigation solutions to future identified key areas of potential issue by other QA team members.
- Actively advance the field of practice by innovating industry developments and defining best practice standards on testing.
- Provide technical expertise in agile ceremonies as needed to provide technical troubleshooting solutions with the greater team.
- Act as Quality Assurance deep technical specialist on large and/or complex projects.
- Provide indirect technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
What you will need to succeed…
- Domain expertise.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of QA experience.
- Agile Methodology experience and mindset.
- Industry leader in exploratory/ hands-on testing with multiple platforms and techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise with Agile methodologies, with experience as a tester on a cross-functional agile team.
- Highly skilled with manual acceptance testing at story level, exploratory and creative testing, and within fast-paced sprint cycles.
- Technical expert at finding hidden requirements, edge cases, and a “desire to break” attitude.
- Strategically develops integration, performance, and load bearing tests.
- Individual skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions.
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply.
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently.
- Mindsets and behaviors.
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies.
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds Believes in culture of brutal transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset.
- Talent to break things and find problems.
- Related university degree.
- Additional technical diplomas or designations considered an asset.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.