Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” company in Massachusetts? They are currently looking for an “Counsel” to support their facility in Waltham, MA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
To provide professional legal advice, support and guidance to the business in order to mitigate risk and ensure compliance.
- Develop high-level policy and responses for key regulatory issues affecting NE (Massachusetts and Rhode Island) Outdoor Lighting including strategy and prioritization of regulatory actions for consideration by management.
- Represent NE Outdoor Lighting in regulatory proceedings through preparation of comments, data requests, written responses, white papers, analytical models, testimony, and exhibits, participating as an expert witness where necessary.
- Coach and train the team on the regulatory and legal aspects.
- Track, analyze, and interpret regulatory proposals and other policy issues with an eye toward impact on and response from NE Outdoor Lighting.
- Manage and ensure the timely submission of all mandatory compliance obligations with agencies and organizations.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for improving NE Outdoor Lightings internal processes for meeting regulatory and legal compliance obligations.
- Support Outdoor lighting team in cleansing, reviewing, and updating data as related to the Asset Sales process.
- Support functions will be to help with system adjustments, billing reconciliations, ownership determinations, and billing adjustments.
- Knowledge of client business operations, company policies and practices.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- J.D. from an accredited college or university
- Member of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, New York or Rhode Island Bar with 5-10 years of labor & employment law experience
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization