Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced HR Benefits Coordinator to support all areas of the Health, Benefit, and Retirement Team (HB&R), with a primary focus on supporting Health and Disability Management programs, development and delivery of the client’s WCB programs, Health and Wellness programs, and family programs. This is a 12- month contract located out of their head office in Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Development and delivery of Workers Compensation programs as they pertain to tracking and reporting key metrics, education and adherence to legislation requirements.
- Responsibility for overseeing and administering family related programs, including:
- Kids Summer Camp Program
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Kids and Company emergency child care
- Oversight and administration of the following programs:
- Executive Medical Program
- Service Awards Program
- Global Challenge
- Supporting and administration of the client’s Short and Long-Term Disability programs, including reporting and auditing with emphasis on claims management (i.e. LTD qualifying period, STD and absentee reporting etc.).
- Analyzing/summarizing and reporting on various HB&R utilization and statistics.
- Participating in planning, implementation and evaluation of current and new health and wellness initiatives.
- Participating in the administration and communication of all HB&R programs including coordination with the client’s outsource provider – SEB.
- Supporting various ad hoc projects and initiatives within HB&R.
What you will need to succeed…
- University Degree, College Diploma or relevant technical courses.
- Minimum 3 years of related Human Resources and Benefits experience.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills (i.e. written, verbal and presentation).
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills with an ability to prioritize and identify key issues and recommend proactive solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
Nice to Haves:
- Pursuing or completed Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or similar designation.
- Knowledge of oil and gas field operations.
- Group insurance/retirement plan administrative background or experience.
- Understanding of or desire to understand insurance/retirement plan contracts.
- Experience with Health, Wellness and Disability management.
- Knowledge of applicable employment standards and related legislation.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and SAP
- Web based communication and education skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.