One of the world’s largest mining companies, with a presence in more than 30 countries is currently seeking a Warehouse Technologist for a contract in Mississauga, Ontario
- Capable to do lifting – active job and has physical demands
- Experience in warehousing (or similar)
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Background in mining, construction, warehousing – anything processing
- Energetic personality
- Eligible for one-the-job training and licensing for forklift and crane work.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to best practices in performing all tasks
- Report all unsafe conditions or incidents to the manager, and if necessary,
- Follow-through with JHSC representative for Minerals,
- Handle mineral samples, including lifting up to 25kg, point-to-point conveyance with carts, dolly’s, and pump trucks,
- Inspect and operate the forklift and attachments safely,
- Inspect and operate overhead cranes safely,
- Inspect and operate rock breaker, crushers, and rotary splitters safely,
- Inspect, operate, and maintain dust collection equipment including mobile dust collection, clean-up equipment, and HEPA dusthoods, “Smart Drum” blender and related devices
- Maintain high standards of operational hygiene at all times with every job which will include complete cleaning and washdown as appropriate before/after every job, and organize work to avoid cross-contamination of samples
- Maintain order and knowledge of freezer inventory,
- Perform some test work and data entry.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.