Our mining client is looking for a Quality Assurance Control Coordinator based out of Port Hope Ontario.
What you will be doing…
- Monitor the quality of work performed by site contractors and assist Construction Manager (CM) in managing the quality of work performed by the contractors.
- Oversee directly or indirectly the activities of contractors to ensure the performed work by the contractors meets the requirements set in drawings, specifications, and contract documents through inspection and test plans (ITP)
- Responsible for reviewing construction contractor's quality management plan at the start of construction to verify compliance with project and regulatory code quality requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining QA/QC records of the project and/or contracts.
- Monitor the contractor's quality control program and its associated records (e.g. inspection request packages; pressure test packages; welders, NDT Technicians, and other trades qualifications records; calibration records for tools and instruments used for inspections; progression of as-built redline drawings) throughout construction. Report deficiencies to construction manager.
- Review, amend and approve ITPs provided by contractors.
- Review and monitor contractors’ regulatory activities, such as permits from TSSA and/or ESA or inspections by the authorized inspectors, pertaining to the project scope.
- Ensure qualified personnel witness tests and/or attend inspections as called for in the ITP before acceptance of the contractor’s work.
- Verify through daily inspections and review of test results that proper record keeping has been implemented by the contractors as part of their contractual obligations.
- Raise construction related non-conformances in accordance with project procedure and ensures they are tracked and reported.
- Ensures construction punches and/or deficiencies are tracked, reported, and actively managed throughout construction and commissioning.
- Ensure closure of all non-conformances and deficiencies for the contracts and/or project.
- Ensure submittal packages, including construction turnover packages and as-built redline drawings, submitted by contractors are complete and accurate.
- Coordinate construction turnover to Commissioning.
- In conjunction with other members of the Construction Management Team (CMT), the QA/QC Coordinator shall ensure contractors are working in a safe manner abiding by all safety program requirements.
- Support CMT superintendents in the field as required.
- Work with the commissioning team to ensure/enable efficient turnover from construction to commissioning.
- Coordinate with superintendents and materials leads to ensure QA/QC and traceability documentation for construction materials are on-site before material is allowed to be released to workface.
What you will need to succeed…
- 10+ years of experience.
- Prior experience working in the capacity of a construction QA/QC coordinator on industrial projects; preference is given to chemical, hydrometallurgy, petrochemical, or heavy industrial experience.
- Prior experience working with regulatory organizations (such as TSSA and ESA) in capacity of owners QA/QC coordinator.
- Proficient with computers, specifically MS Office.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of CSA B51, ASME BPV code, and ASME B31.3.
- Knowledge of CSA C22.1 part 1 and Ontario Electrical Safety Code is an asset.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.