Our client is British Columbia’s largest supplier of electrical power and they have an immediate need for a Project Manager to join their team for a two-year contract opportunity based out of Burnaby, British Columbia.
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects by leading cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams through project activities so that projects are successfully completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum nine (9) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $50 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Hydro-electrical infrastructure project experience is an asset.
- Full project lifecycle experience (starting and closing projects in 2-3 years timelines)
- Experience in distribution projects is preferred (overhead, underground work & civil work). In lieu, other utility construction experience.in underground or civil greenfield or brownfield build projects.
- Experience in the utilities industry is preferred.
- Familiar with stakeholder engagement (such as First Nations, other municipalities etc.) & permitting (MoTI)
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.