Our energy client is looking for a Junior Buyer for their office in Downtown Edmonton.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, executes, reviews and analyzes the procurement of materials, equipment and supplies in accordance with prescribed Enbridge policies and procedures.
- Prepare, issue and evaluate RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s as required.
- Responsible to liaison between projects, site personnel, consultants and suppliers.
- Share knowledge and experiences within the procurement team to optimize overall procurement practices.
- Assists with issues within the procurement function, providing alternatives and recommendations.
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures, and audit guidelines / SOX requirements.
- Acts as liaison between suppliers, consultants and departments on current orders and procurement procedures.
- Assists with the supplier qualification process.
- Validates and reconciles supplier invoices, and other payment documents.
- Ensures surplus materials are reviewed prior to purchasing new material.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market conditions relating to supply and pricing.
- Issues and approves purchase orders per ASL.
- May provide training to department members.
- Acts as the designated Procurement Lead for assigned core and capital projects if assigned.
- Provides assistance to regions as required in handling their day to day operational procurement requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Suppliers, Service Providers, Contractors (Fabrication Shops), Engineering Consultants, Customs Brokers, Freight Brokers, Warehouse, Site Personnel, Buyers, Project Engineers, Project Managers, and Inspection Services
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Related University degree (Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Comm., Finance, Business Admin,)
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/ Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) program enrollment beneficial
- 2+ years purchasing experience
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.