Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced District Fluid Technician to be responsible for the day to day execution of the load plans for fluid movement within the Transportation System servicing the client’s Heavy Oil and Gas operations. This is a 12-month contract located in Lloydminster Saskatchewan. The role will involve a 7 on 7 off rotation with 12-hour day shifts.
What you will be doing…
- Coordinate engagement with stakeholders and troubleshoot issues to optimize fluid movement operations. Stakeholders include facilities operations, production operations, and the carrier dispatchers.
- Monitor called/planned loads to ensure they are dispatched and hauled according to plan.
- Provide transportation daily, weekly and monthly reports on fluid movement performance and targets.
- Use decision support tools to derive daily load allocation plans and create daily "what-if scenarios" and daily resource requirements.
- Liaise with Dispatch Technician Lead to provide input to the analysis of the Transportation System components and processes (e.g. for continuous improvement and optimization).
- Execute planned or emergency responses to changes, accidents, incidents as they occur within the Transportation System operating environment.
What you will need to succeed…
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Class 5 drivers license.
- A minimum of 2 years fluid hauling related experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, decision making and facilitation skills.
- Highly motivated, outstanding positive attitude and desire to grow job responsibility.
- Knowledge of legal land descriptions.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Nice to Haves
- Previous safety experience is an asset.
- Prior work with Operations and Fluid Haulers.
- Auditing experience and/or certification.
- Incident Investigation experience and/or certification.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.