Our client is looking for a QA/QC Engineer to work at their Kitimat LNG site. The role will be on a 14/7 rotation with FIFO and accommodation provided. The individual will report to the Project Manager and is responsible for supporting the Project team(s) with construction activities such as ITP’s, material receipts and tracking, submittals of RFI’s, field installation records and progressive turnover documentation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as estimators, engineers, and geotechnical surveyors before construction work starts;
- Reviewing the project plans and specifications and submit required QA/QC documents including site specific QA/QC plan, input to method statements, Inspection and Test plans, etc.;
- Be main point of contact for all QA/QC related items and interface with clients as required;
- Track any NCR’s and ensure closure:
- Complete surveillance reports;
- Monitor installation procedures and ensure all field records are compiled;
- Complete weekly and monthly QA/QC statistic reports;
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors, subconsultants, and suppliers on projects;
- Interface with clients as required;
- Complete all required turnover packages;
- Assisting and cooperating with the HSE team to ensure regulations relating to health, safety and the environment are adhered to; and
- Be an active participant in the company's Health and Safety Program
- Bachelor’s degree in construction related field of engineering;
- 5-10 years of related experience would be an asset;
- QA/QC experience;
- Experience in deep foundation techniques would be an asset;
- Well-developed interpersonal customer service and relationship building skills;
- Good oral and written English-language skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Self-motivated, energetic and reliable with a positive disposition;
- The ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work effectively;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you are a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.