Do you want to work for one of the largest Nuclear companies in North Carolina? They are currently looking for an Applications Developer to support their McGuire Nuclear Plant (Huntersville, NC). If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Applications Developer
Duration: August 2020
Location: Huntersville, NC
This position will function as an IT Applications Developer III. You will be analyzing, designing and creating scripts/applications to extract, transform, load data into a SQL data warehousing environment.
- Developer with solid experience in development tools for Microsoft systems including C#, .NET, and MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Develops logical and physical data models for operational data stores and data marts.
- Documents metadata definitions and models.
- Documents entity definitions.
- Performs data mapping analysis.
- Construct and test SSIS ETL packages.
- Production troubleshooting skills.
- Comply with programming standards, and technical specifications.
- Develop support documentation. Prepare and perform unit testing. Assist with technical testing, such as system, integration, performance, load, and regression testing. Comply with change management process and procedures
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. In lieu of a degree, 8 years of related business experience.
- Work experience in addition to degree: 5-10 years as an IT Application Developer or equivalent.
- Solid experience with Microsoft C#, .NET, SSRS and SSIS technologies
- Four years coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, Business Requirements analysis, vendor management, root cause analysis
- Expert coding skills in 1 or more standard languages.
- Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals. Understand and lead others in use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Effective communication skills.
- Experience with schema/database design, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence.
- Experience with Dev Ops tools including Azure DevOps, GitHub, Jenkins and Bit Bucket
- Experience working in KANBAN/SCRUM Agile development environment and using tools like JIRA, FishEye, Crucible