Our Public Sector client in Toronto,ON is looking to hire a Project Analyst for a 6+month contract opportunity.
The Client’s Portfolio Management Office is a key partner in achieving the goals of the organization and is currently responsible for the overall management of a large internal systems project.
The position reports directly to the Manager, Portfolio Management Office and is responsible for providing support to the Project Management Office (PMO) of a large-scale project in the analysis of documentation/data and development of project deliverables. This role will ensure the regular updating of project management plans and status reports, as well assisting in the timely communication with project stakeholders related to decisions, risks and issues. In addition, this role will support the PMO to ensure project sponsors and project managers are kept up to date on the project lifecycle.
* Knowledge & Skills
Professional Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of post -secondary education in Business Administration or related field
- 1 or more years of experience in an analyst position
- Project analyst skills with solid understanding of project management methodologies and standards
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) – PMI Certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) – PMI Certification are an asset
- Supporting the successful delivery of large-scale business transformation programs, greater than $200M in total budget with resources in excess of 200 people.
- Experience supporting solution design and delivery of complex software ecosystems
- Knowledge of PPM software, Aries, HPALM, Jira and Confluence
- Participate in project/program activities and deliverables pursuant to project plans by:
- Utilizing status reporting, issues and risk management (including those pertaining to labour relations) and control procedures following established policies and procedures
- Participating in work plan reviews to facilitate resource capacity planning process, as required
- Keeping project and portfolio managers appraised of project status and any issues and variances
- Performing cross-functional tasks and/or other project-related duties as required
- Update and Maintain Project Management Collateral Which Includes
- Assisting in the development of and updates to project charters, presentations, spreadsheets and other material as required
- Monitoring adherence to project schedules and budgets, tracking progress and expenses, producing status reports with critical milestones identified and escalating issues and risks to project managers
- Maintaining existing project management plans and assisting in the development of new plans for future phases of work using MS project
Participate in the facilitation of Stakeholder communication by:
- Scheduling, coordinating and participating in meetings and events, collecting and distributing relevant materials, taking detailed meeting minutes and highlighting and following up on action items
- Assisting in the preparation of clear and effective communications to project teams and stakeholders with respect to related changes and implementations
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.