- Welland, Ontario
- $30 per Hour plus COLA, Pension, and Benefits
- Monday to Friday, Rotating Days to Afternoons
- Full Time, Permanent Position
- Must have Certification of Qualification 442A
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading provider of custom forgings serving: Truck and Trailer, Mining, Oil and Gas, and Lifting Products. They have been in business for over 40 years and have a strong reputation as a locally-owned business. They are able to offer a long-term stable position within a smaller facility of 60 employees.
This is an ideal position for someone that has a strong industrial background, enjoys troubleshooting and creative problem solving. Can work a 2-week Rotating Schedule of Days to Afternoons, Monday to Friday 8-hour shifts. Flexible and available for overtime when needed. You can handle working in a hot and dirty environment, friendly and open-minded. You’re able to connect with those around you in both Maintenance and Production.
What you’ll be doing…
- Performing Preventative and Scheduled Maintenance
- Troubleshooting and repairs of industrial equipment like Mechanical Forging Presses, Power and Gravity-drop Hammers, Furnaces, Shears, Saws, Conveyors
- Working on various PLCs and VFDs
- Taking care of water systems and change coils
- Participating in all safety and shift discussions
Why this is the job for you…
- Licensed 309A and/or 442A Journeyman Electrician with an Industrial background in Steel or Automotive
- A minimum of 2 years as a Journeyman Electrician, able to work alone without assistance
- Positive, team-focused and flexible to work with a variety of personalities and levels of experience
- Working knowledge of PLCs required, programming would be an asset
- Safety Certifications: Working At Heights, Aerial Work Platform, Lift Truck
- Able to work Rotating Shifts: Monday to Friday, Days (6:00 AM to 2:00 PM) and Afternoons (2:00 PM to 10:00 AM); 3rd shift can be added to meet production demands.
- Confident in passing pre-employment screening including Criminal Record Check, Drug & Alcohol, and Medical Testing.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.