Our client is an established leader in the deep foundations industry. They are looking for a Project Manager Engineer to work at their Kitimat LNG terminal construction site. The role will be on a 14/7 rotation with FIFO and accommodation provided. Reporting to the Vice President, Project Delivery, the Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Project team(s) with all aspects of project management in geotechnical techniques, contract management, schedule, revenue and cost reporting, change management, project budgets, and client relations for the various types of work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Responsible for the lifecycle of execution of projects from handover of estimate to closeout, including successful construction, profitability, and client satisfaction with the client's Canada’s performance;
- Preparation of project budgets and schedules and ensuring the project is completed within budget and on schedule;
- Reviewing the project plans, specifications and commenting on the design, schedule, possible cost savings measures, and potential construction problems;
- Manage and oversee several projects at once within region;
- Champion productivity KPI’s and ensure tracking tools are visible at field level;
- Coach and mentor other members of the Project Delivery team (s);
- Negotiate agreements with, and supervise the activities of subcontractors, subconsultants, and suppliers on projects;
- Ensure the timely mobilization of the proper equipment, tooling, and staff to project site as well as the timely delivery of materials by vendors;
- Address any technical issues that arise at site related to differing subsurface conditions or underground obstructions or utilities;
- Prepare construction contracts, review and negotiate any change orders, claims, holdbacks; address any payment issues with client;
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, estimators, the safety team, and the workforce;
- Assisting and cooperating with the HSE team to ensure regulations relating to health, safety and the environment are adhered to; and
- Be a visible and strong leader in all key aspects of the business activity including safety, productivity, quality, community relations, and supporting corporate initiatives.
- Although role is based out of Richmond office, this position will be expected to travel to projects throughout BC as required to support the successful delivery of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction related field of engineering;
- Registered as a P.Eng;
- 5 to 10 years’ project management experience in the Heavy Civil Construction Industry and will possess knowledge of the relevant construction industry codes and practices;
- Demonstrated competency in MS Projects;
- Proven track record of successful project management of piling projects and experience and knowledge in the construction of drilled piles and driven piles;
- Prior experience with both commercial foundation projects as well as large industrial projects;
- Valid Construction Safety Training Certificate (CSTS);
- Some basic pile design knowledge would be beneficial;
- Considerable experience with effective health and safety programs, including HSE inspections and incident investigations;
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License or equivalent;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong interpersonal skills, and strong problem-solving skills;
- An experienced and capable leader who motivates staff, leads by example, acts with integrity, mentors others, and is committed to working in a team environment.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.