Our mining client is looking for an experienced estimator/cost controller for their office in Saskatoon, SK. They will prepare estimates of all classes (V, IV, III, &II) for construction projects executed by Technical Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design the work breakdown structure for the project.
- Prepare the estimate with details from the material take offs and equipment lists from engineering.
- Source pricing from budgetary pricing/ historical data/ databanks.
- Populate level of effort for each activity/task in the estimate from data banks and actual historical data.
- Assign productivity factors.
- Participate in quantitative risk analysis session including schedule risk.
- Draft Basis of Estimate and quantitative risk analysis report.
- Follow up for actual versus estimated costs.
- Certificate in estimating is an asset
- 4-9 years of experience
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.