The Contracts Assistant (CA) will support the contract coordination services on our clients project following the corporate guidelines, procedures, clients values and policies. Reporting to contracts manager, the CA will be responsible for providing assistance to the Contract Coordinators in the day to day management of contracts through the accountabilities outlined below.
This is a project term position, based in the St. John’s, NL project office.
- Provide support to Contract Coordinators to perform post award contract management responsibilities.
- Process requisitions and invoice releases along with the required support documents.
- Assist with requisition development with the distribution of pre-award support documents for review prior to compiling the technical support package for Procurement.
- Maintain worksheets and databases as required for effectively track contract costs and commercial issues; coordinate the personnel and equipment approvals prior to start of work on site.
- Assemble and maintain hardcopy/electronic records, files and databases for the project contracts related correspondence.
- Assist compiling technical information required by Procurement to issue a bid proposal; request support from the discipline leads and contract coordinators.
- Schedule and attend weekly contract progress/coordination meetings with contractor and prepare meeting minutes.
- Assist with the verification of invoices as per directions provided by Contract Coordinator; maintain invoice issues log and under Coordinator’s guidance strive to efficiently resolve pro-froma billing issues to facilitate timely payment; complete the SES tracking worksheet.
- Assist Contract Coordinator administer with the technical bid qualification review, evaluation and scoring process.
- Management of low risk contracts;
- Perform other general related duties and ad hoc projects as assigned to support contract management activities.
- Diploma or Degree in Business or Contract/Procurement Administration.
- SCMA would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 4 years experience, preferably in a project environment on heavy industrial or mining projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt to changes and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge working with SAP.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy of reports and effective verification of supplier invoices.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.