Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Project Delivery Lead to work out of their Calgary office on a 1-year contract.
How you will bring value…
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the consistent delivery of all Upstream projects and programs.
- Manage the prioritized Upstream projects, classification and ranking of net new projects and initiation of projects.
- Report on overall status of the Upstream portfolio, long range planning and communication with Senior Management.
- Work with and supporting the Program Managers, you will ensure that projects are delivered to the client’s IS standards within cost, budget and manage escalations.
- Become a Program Manager to programs and projects and backfill for Upstream Program Managers on-leave.
- Provide optimization and improvements for internal processes and participate in strategic planning activities.
- Participate in program and project gate reviews.
What you will be doing…
- Upstream program/project portfolio management, i.e. project initiation, corporate reporting, long-range planning and approvals.
- Project quality review, reporting and leadership.
- Execute specific projects.
- Meet PMO standards and provide process improvement and maintenance.
- Optimization and strategic planning activities including workforce and vendor engagement.
- Manage day to day project escalation issues.
What you will need to succeed…
- Post-Secondary Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of Project Management experience.
- Previous experience with Project Management Office standards and process improvement/maintenance.
Nice to Haves
- Post-Secondary Degree in Engineering.
- P. Eng.
- Project Controls.
- Communication (written, verbal and public speaking).
- Oil and Gas Experience.
- Engineering and Construction Experience.
- Information and Technology Experience.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.