Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Civil Engineering Specialist. This is a 11-month contract located in Burnaby British Columbia.
What you will be doing…
- Design of a variety of shallow and deep foundations for transmission and microwave structures including but not limited to steel grillages, guy anchors, piles, concrete foundation and rock foundations.
- Civil design of underground utility.
- Concrete design of buried structures.
- Steel design for supporting electrical equipment.
- Projects for the work assignment can range from major capital projects to maintenance projects.
- Work closely with other designers as well as other disciplines such as Geotechnical, Structural and Overhead Design Team.
- Field work such as visiting construction sites and travelling to remote locations.
What you will need to succeed…
- P. Eng and 8+ years relevant professional experience.
- Must have valid class 5 drivers licence for frequent site visits (couple times per month with few overnights).
- Experience with utilities is an asset, open to other industries such as construction, telecommunication.
- Canadian design experience.
- Familiar with relevant design standards for foundation such as Canadian Foundation Engineering Manual, CSA S16, CSA A23.3.
- Owner's engineer work experience will be an asset.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.