Our Public Sector client in Toronto is looking to hire an Incident Coordinator for a 10-month contract opportunity.
The client is looking for candidates who is results-oriented, customer service focused, and self-motivated information technology professionals with strong operational and process skills. If selected in this role, you will be responsible for coordinating Incident Management Process
The Incident Coordinator functions as the primary focal point for priority 1 and 2 incidents while in tandem coordinating the process execution, resource identification and Major Incident Review (MIR) activities.
- Be the first point of escalation engagement for management staff when reviewing reported incidents and initiating major incident protocols.
- Prepare clear and concise communications sent to clients and management staff advising of incident impacts, restoration updates, and resolution notes.
- Employ strong problem-solving skills to identify the nature and scope of possible interruptions to Local Area Network (LAN) or Wide Area Network (WAN) services, assessing the potential impact on users such incidents may have.
- Extremely adept in multitasking between multiple major incidents, ensuring timely update communications for all active incidents, follow-up with support staff and resources as needed, and initiation of major incident process on new incidents while actively coordinating ongoing incidents.
- Host Situation Room conference calls to facilitate the coordination of restoration efforts and active action items between multiple support groups and service owners.
- Engage senior escalation contacts for major incidents with high potential public impact to mitigate possible negative effects to public safety, image and trust.
- Excellent documentation of all actions taken, including engagement of support staff, planned restorative actions, completed action items and final client confirmation of restoration to ensure accurate restoration timelines can be created for major incident review
- Manage incident assignments, ensuring that issues are prioritized for follow-up, additional communications are sent to users, and issues are resolved in accordance with service level agreements.
- You have knowledge of Incident Management and other Service Management practices such as Change, Problem, Release, and Service Level Management processes and their inter-relationships with the Incident Management processes (ITIL)
- You can acquire and apply knowledge of the internal and external IT service providers and corporate organizational players to ensure adequate coverage for Enterprise-wide Incident events
- You can maintain process related documentation, report requirements, process improvement recommendations, and education material for the education sessions affecting the Incident Management Process
- You have customer service and relationship management skills, to establish effective working relationships, and act as first point of escalation for Customer Satisfaction issues
- you can determine client requirements, consult, and provide guidance
Other Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- You have sound judgment, analytical and facilitation skills
- you understand an IT infrastructure environment, along with the ability to understand the potential impacts that Incidents can have on the infrastructure.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.