Our Public Sector client in Toronto is looking to hire an ITIL Communications Specialist for a 10-month contract opportunity.
The client is looking for candidates who are accountable to the Incident Management and Communications Process Owner and performs the day-to-day communications operational tasks demanded by the process activities. The Communication Coordinator is primarily responsible for communications that provide status updates or information to a targeted audience.
- Responsible for Executive/Business, Informational and Technical communications to Service Owners, executive, business and cluster audience.
- Promotes and communicates the process to all parties involved.
- Assists with incident management briefing notes if required.
- Participates in situation rooms if required.
- Monitors and performs monthly analysis to determine opportunities for continual service improvement of the communications process.
- Contributes to monthly operational performance reports.
- Collaborates with other communications teams/resources to assist with forecasting potential I+IT impact. Creates I+IT awareness by appropriate means.
- Coordinate with support teams to draft and distribute informational emails on upcoming changes and outages
- Ensure delivery of time sensitive distributions to thousands of recipients during outage situations
- Manage and coordinate multi-phase distributions to allow for the success of projects and migration efforts
- Work with management to create and document policies and practices
- Maintain and update the team SharePoint
- Document best practice methods within a Microsoft One Note notebook
- Create and deliver mail merges sending personalized data to individuals
- Provide consultation to communication requests to ensure optimized readership
- you can explain the operation and use of computer hardware, software and peripherals along with technical requirements
- you can present options regarding new technology and most effective system problem resolution in non-technical terms
- you can develop communications materials, prepare service and maintenance documentation and project reports with recommendations
- you have relationship management and oral communication skills
- you have knowledge of service management practices such has incident, change, problem, release and service level management processes
- you have knowledge of IT Service Management processes as well as related communication protocol
- you have knowledge of LAN/WAN and telecommunications and networks, diagnostic software and related hardware to evaluate requests, plan and coordinate installation of site-specific hardware/software
- you have customer service orientation with knowledge of Microsoft OS Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, and utilize specialized diagnostic tools and carry out systems projects for the development of systems architectural products and services
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- you can conduct problem analysis and diagnosis for system failures ensuring systems are operating in accordance with service level agreements
- you can identify and address procedure gaps and facilitate resolution of issues
Project Management and Leadership Skills:
- you can establish project priorities and objectives, identifying client service/account needs and business objectives, evaluating feasibility of various options through cost/benefit analyses and assessing impact on service delivery
- you can work in a team setting and plan, organize and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.