Our Public Sector client in Toronto is looking to hire a Technical writer for a 10-month contract opportunity.
The client is looking for candidates who will provide expertise and hands-on engagement to achieve project objectives, deliver user guides, help and training materials for various end users. In addition, they will analyses business requirements and technical solutions to devise training strategy, plan and curriculum, and coordinate the execution of training activities (end-user and Train-the-Trainer)
- Design, develop, document and execute end-user and Train-the-Trainer training
- Design and develop paper based and/or computer-based training curriculum
- Produce user guides, help contents and training materials for various end users including internal, external and public users
- Developing analytical and insightful recommendations to meet deliverable targets and complete tasks within budget and to customer satisfaction
- Ability to adapt to the clients I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources
- 10+ years of experience as a technical writer, demonstrating the ability to create content about complex subjects for end users, business decision makers, and IT professionals
- Experience in the creation of technical project and user documentation, including procedures at the senior experience level
- Knowledge and experience in developing on-line documentation
- Knowledge and experience with at least one platform
- Knowledge and experience with communications protocols
- Knowledge and experience with tools for the creation, distribution and maintenance of project and user documentation
- Familiarity with online help systems and a continuous publishing schedule
- A portfolio of writing examples that includes Help, content written for the Web, and user interface text for both desktop and Web-based applications. Additional experience developing diagrams, videos, and other visual content is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation skills; and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically when collaborating with Program Managers and other team members to develop new or revised features and to document those features in online help content
- Proficient using the following tools: Microsoft Office, Product Studio, and SharePoint
- Experience with office automation suites, presentation tools, and at least one authoring package
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in publishing content on websites
- Proficiency in French
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.