Our client is an energy leader in British Columbia and they have an immediate need for a Senior IT Sourcing specialist to join their team for a 1 year contract position.
• The Supply Chain Professional Level 2 is accountable for delivering assigned outcomes related to the development and execution of category/project supply chain strategies, sourcing strategies and/or sourcing activities following established processes and quality requirements.
• This role would generally be assigned medium complexity and/or risk work assignments with minimal oversight or medium to higher complexity and/or risk work assignments with more oversight.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum ten (10) years of sourcing, category management or equivalent, preferably in a complex environment of a similar size to BC Hydro.
• Experience in categories or infrastructure capital project sourcing would be considered an asset.
• Develop and plan the implementation of category and/or sourcing strategies or related work packages by using excellent skills in communication, analysis, critical thinking, planning/project management, supplier/market research, problem-solving, and facilitation of decision-making in a large and complex organization.
• Implement category and/or sourcing strategies or related work packages using a thorough understanding of sourcing and category management processes and standards, good project management practices, knowledge of public sector procurement law, and the appropriate application of relevant supply chain concepts.
• Lead and/or support projects that may include developing and conducting multi-stage RFPs, preparing for and conducting negotiations, both initial award and for extensions, as well as implementing supplier relationship management initiatives including analyzing and resolving escalated contract or supplier issues.
• Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships between supply chain organization and business partners, suppliers, and stakeholders through activities such as timely communication, resolution of issues, and relevant reporting.
• Act as a subject matter expert by advising on category management and/or sourcing best practices, approaches, and standards to enhance current operational efficiency and future capability.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field such as Supply Chain, Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
• Certificate or additional education in Supply Chain Management is an asset.
• Certificate or additional education in Project Management, Change Management, Facilitation or Communication, an asset
• Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing IT sourcing events for contracts with large spend for the client.
- IT procurement experience is a must have (i.e. sourcing & procurement for IT service contracts)
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience writing, running & managing RFPs & contracts for large annual spends (i.e. $5MM +)
- Public sector or crown corporation experience preferred.
- Must be located in the greater Vancouver area
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.