One prestigious Calgary energy client has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to join their team for a four month contract opportunity. This contract has a very high chance of extension.
The Well Licensing Project is delivering a single intake system for Directive 56 Well Licence authorizations in a single technology to obtain information through an application process, benefitting full life cycle regulation through coordination beyond application decisions. The first release, which focused on well applications has been completed, the second release is anticipated to focus on well amendments and will soon be in the ideation phase.
Requirements Gathering Workshops & Documentation of:
- Business Functional Requirements
- Build Functional Decomposition Diagram
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Information Management Requirements
- Scope Definition with Business
- Scope Signoff
- Other Business Analysis duties as required.
- Sprint planning, JIRA stories creation/maintenance/ownership
- Assist with system testing, business testing, and test coordination.
- Identify, evaluate, and ensure a clear understanding of the needs of clients and stakeholders. Turn that understanding into a concise business requirement with detailed technical requirements. To succeed you must be able to evaluate information from a variety of sources, reconcile conflicts and then create a requirements traceability matrix against the solution architecture, design, test planning and hand over to support.
- This role requires continuous monitoring of the business need and the impact of solutions to ensure current state matches desired state. Are the solutions being integrated by the users, is the business need being met?
- This will require risk analysis, cost/benefit analysis, and feasibility and gap analysis. Weaving together multiple technologies, leverage existing technologies for increased strategic usage and to solve business challenges may be necessary.
- Using problem solver, strong communication skills, analytic skills, organizational and time management, client-interfacing skills, your solutions must be communicated in a professional and concise manner including PowerPoint presentations, reports and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build consensus with diverse team of business and technical SMEs. Positive mindset.
- Draft project requirements, write test scenarios and plans, manage projects, possess technical knowledge to work well with developers, and bring sound business knowledge to IT projects.
Requirement elicitations, analysis and management and translating those needs into business requirements. Ensure effective use of end applications and evaluate the integration with other modules, applications.
Skills that are an asset
An Asset: Familiarity with Confluence, experience working on agile projects, familiar with the Jira or Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services tools.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.