Our Utility client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Buyer for a 6-month contract opportunity.
The Associate Buyer is a key position in the department responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Management (SCM) group and internal clients in processing requests for materials or services and procuring them in a timely and cost-effective manner meeting business requirements and specifications.
• Provide SAP (Materials Management (MM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Contract System (Ariba)) expertise and support to client base including database management/maintenance for materials and vendors, miscellaneous report preparation, and inventory strategy.
• Support Purchase Orders/Service Orders based on material or service requisitions, ensuring company policies are met.
• Provide support for warehouses, including Operations and Contractor warehouses for all material related activity (requests, transfers, receipts, relocation/disposal of surplus/obsolete material, inventory control expertise, quarantined material segregation and recalls).
• General procurement activity including policy interpretation/clarification, price comparison and analysis, department telephone support and administrative support as required.
• Commercial interaction with vendors including obtaining quotes, resolving invoice discrepancies, challenging price increases, performing expedites, managing customs requirements and relationship building.
• Serve as the initial point of contact for all Supply Chain related questions and issues and forward to appropriate SCM personnel as required.
• Provide general and specific SCM training including processes, procedures and various SCM systems.
• College/University/Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or 3+ years of experience.
• Advanced computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP).
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimum direction in a team environment.
Nice to Haves:
• 2 years of relevant experience in natural gas, oil & gas, or power industry.
• Negotiation skills.
• Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.