Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Supply and Trading Analyst to coordinate the in-system movements of the client’s production and any third part purchases or sales to ensure all market commitments are met in accordance with compliance policies. This individual will work closely with the Supply Planners and Heavy Oil Traders to provide analytics ensuring timely responses for value generating opportunities. This is a 1-year contract located in Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Manage the capture of inter-company product movements.
- Provide analytic support to the Trading and Supply team as needed.
- Actual vs. plan value analysis.
- Execution of business development economics.
- Communicating directly with Supply and Trading to take advantage of value generating opportunities as they arise.
- Invoice adjustments and processing.
- Role will be 30% Transactional sales capture (data entry into SAP) and 90% Analytics providing analytics support for the sales team.
What you will need to succeed…
- A Bachelor of Commerce or Business, although a degree in marketing will be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry
- Strong Analytics background.
- Experience with SAP.
- Strong Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to multi task whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A team player with strong communication skills.
- Well organized and have excellent planning and decision-making skills.
Nice to Haves
- Finance and Accounting background.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.