Our Utility client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire an Analyst, Regulatory Accounting for a 6-month contract opportunity.
• Assistance with preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual internal, external and regulatory reporting requirements.
• Prepare financial reports, journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Assistance with coordination and preparation of the finance portion of annual deferral disposition and interrogatory responses.
• Assistance with the implementation of finance related regulatory decisions.
• Maintain knowledge of current and emerging regulatory accounting and rate making issues.
• Work closely with the other members of your team to ensure key reporting deadlines are met; reports are accurate and complete; and accounting issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Provide support for developing and maintaining an effective internal control environment.
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with numerous groups and individuals.
• Support and assisting with ad hoc projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance.
• Minimum 2 years accounting experience.
• Ability to organize work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• A strong team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute to the development of others.
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Sound analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
Nice to haves:
• Accounting designation or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of US GAAP.
• Superior computer skills.
• SAP knowledge and experience.
• Potential Minimal travel to The Toronto Office Could Be Required.
• Minimal OT could Be required at month-end / Year-End
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.