Our prominent BC client has an immediate need for Smart Meter Analyst to join their team for a four month contract opportunity in Langley, British Columbia
Musts for candidates:
- Well-developed analytical ability with two (2) years of demonstrated work experience in analysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of database queries and generating reports using SQL and other relational database programming languages and tools.
- Ability to utilize spread sheet applications such as Excel to an advanced level.
- Ability to operate ticketing (incident/problem management) systems such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, SalesForce.
- Well-developed teamwork skills
- Knowledge of escalation protocols in order to raise trouble tickets with application management, data collection and field services groups.
- Ability to use a variety of Smart Metering specific applications particularly those from Itron and Cisco: OpenWay Reporting System (ORS), OpenWay Collection Engine (CE), Network Management System (NMS), Field Network Director (FND) and Grid Director. There are similar applications for products from other Smart Metering companies such as Landis & Gyr, Silver Springs, GE, and others.
- Understanding of rates and billing in an Enterprise System, i.e. SAP.
- Familiar with large information systems; file and data management; file transfer and processing protocols.
- Understanding of utility grid operations protocols and procedures.
- Understanding of electric fundamentals, including volts, amps, kWh, demand, phases, and an understanding of power factors for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customers.
- Bachelor’s education preferred, or a technical diploma with relevant experience also accepted. Computer Science, Math, Business Administration, Engineering included in possible education background.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.