Our Calgary based energy client has need for a GIS Developer to join their team for a short 4 month contract that is scheduled to start immediately.
Responsible for full lifecycle development including design, develop, test, debugging, interface design, documentation, deployment, and maintain integrated GIS solutions that are reliable and scalable.
• Develop and maintain technical specifications for developed applications
• Assist with analysis of business requirements, design and development of a web GIS application components that are integrated with other technologies using service Oriented Architecture approach
• Design and develop web services that integrate with other web service platforms using protocols like SOAP, RESTful and data interchange formats like JSON, xml, shapefiles, etc.
• Analyze technical issues and implement solutions to technical problems that are aligned with the architecture standards and best practices
• Assist with data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability
• Analyzing, problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve application issues
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the leadership team regarding pertinent activities.
Skills – REQUIRED:
• Experience in design and development of web GIS applications built using ArcGIS and Geocortex technologies.
• Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies in service-oriented architecture.
• Experiences in ESRI geoprocessing service development using Python.
• Experience with Geodatabase management and development
• Proven experience developing map viewers with GeoCortex Essentials and HTML 5
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
• Experiences with FME server and FME services development (FME workbench, FME Rest API)
• Experience in creating tools, scripts or services for representing and converting spatial data between various formats like CAD, shapefile, etc.
• Experience with agile development methodology
• Experience in DevOps environment with ability to create automated scripts for building and deploying developed units.
• Oil and Gas related work experience is definitively an asset.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Other skills deemed necessary for team or project compatibility:
• Experience with MS SQL 2008+
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate strong service culture
• Exposure to change management
• Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders and team member
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Computer Technology Diploma and/or related progressive experience with formal GIS training
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.