Moulding Machine Helper
- Scarborough, Ontario
- $22.20 per hour to start
- Must have 4th Class Power Engineer Certification
- Permanent Position
- Pension Plan and Company Paid Benefits
- Paid Training with a Stable Work Environment
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a pioneering company in Waxes. They have an extensive list of products and applications – anything from cosmetics to building and construction materials. This is an ideal position for someone that enjoys variety, can work independently, is an excellent problem-solver, and can provide excellent customer service.
What you’ll be doing…
- Assisting the Greer Operator with the Molding Machine to produce slabs of wax by pouring liquid wax into pans on a conveyor system that runs them into a cooling chamber; slabs come out frozen and then need to be packed
- Manually packs slabs and use robotics to put boxes onto pallets
- Clearly communicating with your team on regular basis to ensure that production maintains its quality and speed
- Ensure correct labeling of each box
Why this is the job for you…
- Enjoy physically demanding work and lift 60 lbs repetitively, bending, twisting, and working in both hot and cold environments
- Have 4th Class Power Engineer Certification
- Willing to be trained to obtain Class “B” Refrigeration Certification
- Experience operating a Counterbalance Forklift
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and maintain accurate documentation according to the operation procedures manual
- Self-starter that can work independently and with a team
- Flexible to work shifts and weekends; overtime with little advanced notice
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Jebas.Christadoss@ianmartin.com or call (647) 490 0705.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.