- Etobicoke, Ontario
- $35.00 per hour
- Certification of Qualification 433A Required
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
- Days or Afternoon Shift, Monday to Friday
- Company Paid Benefits and Annual Bonus
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a growing family-owned and operated business that specialises in private label cereals. They are in the process of taking their small business to now medium by expanding their production capabilities. They are looking for experienced Journeyman Millwrights to join them in developing and growing an in-house maintenance department. This would be an ideal position for someone with a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency. You have a great work ethic and want to see everyone succeed together.
What you’ll be doing…
- Performing maintenance and installation on existing and new equipment including of Conveyor Systems, Coating Pans, Ovens, and some Packaging Equipment
- Responding to and troubleshooting any equipment issues, quickly acting to resolve and repair as to minimize any downtime
- Maintain accurate documentation of any maintenance that needs to be done and what has been completed to ensure clear cross-shift communication
- Work in partnership with Management and Production to ensure new equipment installation deadlines are met, maintenance is scheduled correctly, and that malfunctions and downtime are kept to a minimum
- Maintaining real-time communication with Lead Hand, Plan Supervisor or Manager, and/or Quality Manager on equipment repairs or issues
- Work with production staff to assist them in becoming familiar with new equipment
- Participate in training with manufacture reps to learn equipment as required
- Ensure all Health & Safety protocols are followed when completing assessments and repairs
- Be an active participate in all Production/Maintenance/Health & Safety meetings
Why this is the job for you…
- Have your Certification of Qualification for 443A Industrial Maintenance Mechanic with 2 to 5 years of experience at the Journeyman level
- Proven experience working with and troubleshooting Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and PLCs
- Previous experience working in a Food Manufacturing or Processing facility would be an asset
- Able to work independently with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Interested in the opportunity to help grow a company that takes good care of their people
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.