The Estimator will centralize and standardize our bid processes as a key member of our Business Development team. This individual will support Operations in the development, management, and continuous improvement of the bid process. The Estimator will ensure proposals meet consistent standards and coordinate the collection of key proposal inputs such as scope, costs, engineering requirements, examples of previous projects, and other information required to respond to bids or requests for proposals.
- Manage the bid process including initiating bid kick off meetings with internal stakeholders, respond to pre-qualifications, RFQ's, RFP's and preparing bid for General Manager's review and approval.
- Coordinate resources to ensure all bids are submitted on time and are of consistent quality.
- Prepare contract briefing sheets so important contract compliance items are summarized and communicated to Operations.
- Interact with team members on pricing exercises.
- Document customer requirements, working with internal departments, and create proposals to meet requirements.
- Maintain strong internal relationships to gather relevant, accurate, information.
- Calculation of quantities and take offs.
- Request pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Preparing big bond and insurance requests for contracts.
- Update and maintain contract and customer files.
- Organize bid submission reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- 5 years of relevant experience with estimating, bid management, and contract management.
- Experience in the Construction industry is considered an asset.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including meeting facilitation.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with estimating systems including HCSS HeavyBid, as well as MS Office.
- Ability to work independently to complete team deliverables.