Our public sector client requires a results-oriented individual to provide product training to both technical and non-technical users. While working with a diverse team, the resource will develop, design, and deliver training material to stakeholders and end-users in multiple jurisdictions across Ontario.
– Develop a comprehensive training strategy and plan that is tailored to the client’s project needs, including a training approach for external users as well as internal users, that utilizes a wide variety of training formats and experiences.
– Development of extensive training materials to support a wide variety of training experiences and formats, as defined in the training strategy.
– Establishment of benchmarks and metrics to measure the effectiveness of the plan and training activities.
– Assessment, analysis, and reporting measuring the effectiveness of the training activities.
– Ongoing status reporting of all change management activities
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
– Experience developing comprehensive training strategies and plans for internal or external stakeholders at large organizations.
– Experience developing training materials to support a wide variety of formats and contexts, including online, interactive, and in person.
– Experience developing, designing and delivering training material for both technical and nontechnical users.
– Experience with the provision of training in a wide variety of formats and contexts, including online, interactive, and in person.
– Experience developing training material in agile processes, where detailed specifics of user screens, etc. may be in flux and not finalized until late in the project.
– Experience developing training materials and provision of training covering new and modified business processes as well as information technology systems in a seamless training experience.
– Experience developing training materials in clear, concise, and readable formats that are visually appealing and easy to consume
– Experience developing training materials that meet AODA compliance guidelines.
– Experience coordinating training activities and materials with communications and change management supports.
– Experience with adult education and/or adult learning methodologies.
– Proven and demonstrable troubleshooting and analytical experience.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
– Strong consulting skills to engage with all stakeholders.
– Demonstrated team player with a track record for meeting deadline.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.