Welder / Fitter
- Guelph, Ontario
- $23.00 per hour to start
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
- Afternoon Shift, Monday to Thursday (4:00 PM to 2:30 AM)
- Company Paid Benefits, Annual Bonus, Pension
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a custom steel fabrication company that is experience significant growth. They are a leading supplier to Mining and Construction companies. At this facility, they are building dump bodies for large mining trucks.
This would be a great position for someone with experience in GMAW welding of thicker mild steel, has a great sense of humour and strong work ethic. You can accept feedback and see it as a learning opportunity rather than criticism. You strive for perfection with every weld and you appreciate the chance to get better in your trade.
What you’ll be doing…
- Operating GMAW welding machines and related equipment (fixtures and rotators) in a safe and productive manner including operating Jib and Overhead Cranes.
- Read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings to successful manufacture product to specifications.
- Inspect and document product per Inspection Plans.
- Sign Work Order indicating product has been manufactured and inspected to meet Manufacturing Specifications.
- Use Calibrated Measuring Instruments when required.
- Comply with all Company Rules and Regulations.
- Maintain accurate time sheets and reliable attendance.
- Maintain strong communication with Shift Supervisor including any equipment that requires service, health and safety concerns, and production updates.
- Maintain a safe and tidy work space, always wear all required PPE, and be an active participate in company’s safety program including any and all required safety training.
- Be an active and positive team player that people can count on.
Why this is the job for you…
- Working experience of GMAW welding of thicker mild steel ranging from ½ inch to 1.5 inches
- Experience with Spool Welding and some experience in Overhead position
- Previous experience in Construction or Mining
- Dependable, reliable, positive attitude; willing to help out where needed
- Proficient in reading Blueprints and using measuring tapes, squares and weld gauges
- Capable of simple addition and subtraction using decimals and fractions
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.