Risk Modeling Specialist
- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the department you will be managing model risk across the enterprise by implementing consistent policies, standards, and maintaining appropriate model oversight.
Daily Activities Include:
- Support the development and maintenance of models and tools for operational safety risk identification
- Validations on important models across the business including traditional models as well as predictive modeling techniques
- Perform necessary work to validate significant changes on critical/important models
- Act as a liaison between the safety risk team and the businesses to strengthen partnerships and identify opportunities for value creation via risk mitigation, improved modeling methods and efficiencies
- Reviewing key data and assumptions for accuracy / appropriateness
- Ensuring that model calculations are accurate, appropriate and properly documented
- Reviewing model outputs for accuracy, appropriate usage and proper documentation of associated estimates and assumptions
- Critically reviewing modeling elements such as inputs, calculations, outputs, conceptual soundness, monitoring & controls, documentation, etc.
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive professional experience with risk modelling or risk validation
- Ability to deal with new and emerging modelling concepts
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Ability to think strategically
- Completion of a degree in a related discipline in risk management or safety – or combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.