- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the department you will carry out investigations of incidents, analyzes system wide trends and facilitates solutions for the purpose of ensuring a safe environment for employees and customers
Daily Task Include:
- Conducting investigations of incidents with the objective of collecting all relevant information and identifying root causes by:
- Conducting on-site investigations during and after an incident; gathering information, conducting analysis, and developing after-action report regarding the incident; preparing incident investigation forms and report templates
- Supports the Safety Management System post-incident review of safety critical incidents to assess root cause through effective evidence collections.
- Oversee interaction with contractors & sub-contractors, accidents, inspections, root cause analysis, OSHA compliance, scheduling, investigations.
- Identify hazards in operations and shortcomings in safety and health programs, as well as identify and recommend the corrective actions necessary to prevent future incidents.
- Present accident investigation findings to various business streams and senior management
- Liase with the Security division to obtain additional information relevant to the investigation
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of investigative techniques and procedures in investigations, such as: preserve / document scene; collect information; determine root causes; implement corrective actions)
- Knowledge of accident prevention principles, practices, and procedures
- Handling sensitive and confidential materials
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals
- Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position including decision making
- Must hold a valid class G drivers license
- Completion of a degree in a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.