Bus Safety Specialist
- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the safety department you will be required to manage the development of the Safety Program and monitors ongoing alignment with legal and regulatory requirements and/or the Safety Management System (SMS)
Daily Tasks Include:
- Develops and implements internal systems to monitor compliance with established policies and procedures
- Conduct hazard identification activities, recommend and assess risk and implement control methods
- Audit the work of external contractors for compliance and risk mitigation
- Maintains contractor safety records and coordinates the required roll-up to the Safety Data reporting team
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to asset management standard (ISO) and ensure adherence to related KPIs of asset management
- Develop hazard identification strategies, including field level tools
- Develops, maintains, and updates safety rules for bulletins, notices, and special orders
- Prepares reports describing results of hazard identification activities
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform accident investigation and technical assessment for buses involved in accidents, including examining accident scenes and gathering evidence from accident location
- Provides direction, guidance, and active leadership, participates in various meetings, and represents Bus Safety at conferences, committees, presentations, and other events
- Collaborates and liaises with external stakeholders, such as other transit agencies, WSIB, Ministry of Labour (MLO), Ministry of Environment and the Ministry of Transportation (MTO)
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), CIH and NCSO certification is an asset
- Completion of a degree in a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements governing transportation (e.g. Highway Traffic Act, Railway Safety Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills to develop and implement safety related programs and practices, deliver training, and manage stakeholder relationships
- Must hold a valid class G drivers license
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.