Workforce Safety Specialist
- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the safety department you will manage, monitor and report on the safety and technical competencies of the Data Collection Operations team, as required by company standards and Health and Safety legislation.
Daily Tasks Include:
- Develop, implement and manage occupational health assurance framework, such as ergonomics, human factors, industrial hygiene
- Ensuring that the occupational health and safety programs meet legal requirements
- Development and management of general and hazard safety specific programs
- Auditing business units for compliance to safety program
- Providing proactive safety support to business units, such as ergonomics assessment, job hazard analysis, physical demands analysis
- Liase with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate consultation of the development of safety standards
- Liase and provide advice to Human Resources, Health and Wellness division regarding various policies relating to occupational health and safety
- Develop innovative industry-wide occupational health and safety strategies
- Collaborates and liaises with external stakeholders, such as other transit agencies, WSIB, Ministry of Labour (MLO), Ministry of Environment and the Ministry of Transportation (MTO)
- Monitor the application and performance of existing data collection processes, providing advice on relevant Health and safety implications and progressing process improvement as appropriate
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of a degree in a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), CIH and NCSO certification is an asset
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements governing transportation (e.g. Highway Traffic Act, Railway Safety Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health principles
- Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills to develop and implement safety related programs and practices, deliver training, and manage stakeholder relationships
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.