Project Manager/ Construction and Transportation Safety
- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the safety department you will be supervising projects on behalf of the Safety division in compliance with the scope, budget, and schedules according to project objectives sub-components are in compliance with company policies.
- Advises on, and as appropriate leads, activities related to project scope, definition, risk management, and quality assurance to ensure projects deliver expected outcomes
- Performs complete start to close-out project management on complex projects to ensure projects meet defined objectives, scope, budget and timelines
- Establishes, manages and directs resources to ensure the necessary level and capabilities are represented on a project team in order to ensure successful delivery of the project
- Provides direction and advice to staff and personnel assigned to individual projects, through all project stages (e.g. on administrative, design, editing, technical, estimating, and priority issues as appropriate)
- Leads the development of the project plans for the Safety division
- Leads the identification, assessment, mitigation and communication of project risks
- Creates, manages and reports on budgets for assigned projects, to ensure projects are delivered within budget expectations
- Reviews and evaluates studies, reports, design proposals, specifications and contract documents, to meet established policies, procedures and standards applicable to projects
- Develops and delivers reports and presentations defining plans, issues, status and resolutions to appropriate levels of management
- Partners with Procurement to develop value-for-money procurement models to meet project outcomes as necessary
- Leads and coaches members of diverse and cross functional project teams, including consultants, in project management practices (e.g. project scope, budget, schedule, quality, risk, safety, etc.) to ensure projects deliver their outcomes within scope, budget and timelines.
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline,or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrates progressive experience in project management, planning, budgeting, prioritization and risk management, which preferably includes the deployment or implementation of large scale initiatives
- Demonstrates organizational and collaborative skills with various stakeholders
- Project Management Professional (PMP)designation an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.