Safety Communication Specialist
- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the safety team you will be the primary contact for all communication matters for the Safety division. The team will communicate ongoing safety project activities with various business units and you will prepare, coordinate and distribute safety information to the public.
Daily Tasks include:
- Manages the documentation of effective and coordinated communication processes, messaging, and systems to provide timely current and upcoming corporate safety project activity updates to various business units
- Provides messaging services to support the project teams, procurement and other relevant stakeholders (internal / external) when conveying various safety project activities
- Creates and releases safety bulletins to internal and external stakeholders
- Assists with the preparation of periodic (i.e. monthly, quarterly, annual) safety project status reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Develops implements, maintains, and ensures the consistent use and application of procedures used for safety project messaging; work with the Manager, Safety Policy & Practice to ensure consistency
- Recommends communication strategy for establishing and improving departmental or divisional policies and procedures related to messaging, and reporting on safety items and improving cross-communication between project teams and business units
- Promotes safety by developing and communicates corporate wide initiatives
- Ensures internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of Safety.
- Leads change for continuous improvement of digital communications with a focus on the strategic alignment of communication goals and services with internal departments.
- Manages the development of creative and editorial content for social media and web communications including video, graphics, and other online publications.
- Drafts messages, scripts and presentations to senior executives
- Keeps stakeholders abreast of progress and answers their questions related to all safety matters
- Adheres to branding and copyright laws governing symbols, designs, and written or visual material used in print materials, web site, multimedia, or displays
- Incorporates change management strategies in communications activities and projects to support business needs
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Theories, principles and practices of public messaging and practical knowledge of transit industry and workplace safety
- Theories, principles, and methods of communications including research, media relations, social media, social marketing, digital tools, stakeholder outreach and engagement to provide communications planning expertise, advice, and recommendations
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.