Rail Construction Specialist
- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the safety team you will be be responsible of daily construction management project works in terms of safety, quality and environment, ensuring that safety issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Lead, motivate and manage and/ or Construction Management Assistants. Act as a role-model for them in terms of behaviours and values, and mentor their professional development.
- Undertake the construction management and/ or supervision of project works.
- Comply with construction management processes and effectively implement them.
- Apply a consistent approach to construction management, implementation of processes and the management of contractors.
- Provide construction management input to the project works, particularly advice regarding construction/ implementation/ constructability, attendance at pre-possession planning meetings, construction/ implementation reviews and QSRA meetings.
- Undertake appropriate liaison with the Maintainer when the project works will/ may affect Maintained Assets.
- Evaluate the progress on site against the programme and agreed milestones. Use this information to provide accurate updates to the project team and agreed reporting lines.
- Assist the Project Manager for the project works in the review of Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets, commissioning plans and other project documentation.
- Undertake, or arrange for others to undertake, suitable inspections/ audits for the project works being managed in regard to safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, functionality and commissioning.
- Understands the regulatory guidelines of Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR), Transport Canada Safety Rules (TCSR), and Track Worker Safety Instructions (TWSI) as necessary.
- Ensure infrastructure activities are fully compliant with prevailing safety regulatory policy, best practices, and emerging issues respecting railway safety guidelines
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable successful construction management experience.
- Relevant experience for the specialist area of construction management being undertaken.
- Understanding of the CDM Regulations and health & safety legislation, regulations and industry practices.
- Demonstrable experience of the implementation of health, safety, environmental and quality management processes.
- Contract and commercial awareness.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.
- Experience within the rail industry.
- Must hold a valid class G drivers license
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.