Our utility client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire an IT Project Manager for a 12-month contract opportunity.
- Managing multiple projects and project resources through the project management life cycle
- Developing, managing, and executing project charters, integrated project plans, schedules and communication plan including obtaining approvals
- Participating in steering committee and stakeholder forums
- Providing project, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels
- Proactively identifying risks and issues
- Identifying mitigation strategies and responses to the issues and risks
- Adhering to standards and best practices for project management
- Working with vendors to successfully negotiate and deliver mutually beneficial multiyear contracts for the projects
- Ensuring the development and delivery of business cases where applicable
- Managing stakeholder’s interests and expectations throughout the life cycle of the project
- Planning and managing project budget, forecasts changes to the budget and communicates planned vs. actual budget as the project progresses
- Working with architecture and other IT teams for solution delivery
- Other duties as required
- 2-5 years’ experience with Project Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard such as Project Management Institute (PMI) Extensive experience in Project Management methodologies, and the documentation, collaterals, and artefacts that need to be produced throughout the project and software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management tool set including MS project
- Effectively manages project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability
- Ability to gather and develop requirements for developing project charters, creating, and managing integrated project plans
- Experience managing projects to deliver business applications and also infrastructure solutions
- Demonstrated experience identifying and acquiring a mix of skilled technical resources necessary to complete project assignments/deliverables; including clarifying roles and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate across many functional areas
- Identify and evaluate specific issues or risks, provide options analysis, and recommend action plans to mitigate the risk and manage the issue to satisfactory conclusion
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare authoritative recommendations, proposals, and reports
- A team player with a record of accomplishment for meeting deadlines
- Strong discipline in resolving resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, ensures knowledge is shared among team members to achieve project objectives
- Experience leading presentations
- Understanding of IT infrastructure
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.