- Hamilton, Ontario
- $34.00 per hour to start
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
- 3-Shift Rotation, Monday to Friday
- Company Paid Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading supplier of automotive parts to Tier 1 and OEM companies. They specialize in high-pressure aluminum die casting and precision machining. They are looking for an experienced Industrial Millwright to join their team in a permanent, long-term position. This would be a great position for someone that enjoys Troubleshooting, knows how costly downtime can be in Automotive, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing…
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing high pressure die cast equipment.
- Moving machinery and aligning machines including testing reassembled equipment and making necessary adjustments and repairs as needed.
- Carry out the Preventative and Predictive maintenance program and all required documentation.
- Track and document monthly PM reports and daily work orders in a timely manner, identify equipment breakdown causes and minimize equipment downtime.
- Safely use hand and power tools; follow safety protocols when installing machinery, supporting equipment and structures on all machinery and equipment.
- Be an active participant in Safety and Maintenance meetings.
- Mentoring Apprentices and newly licensed Journeyman.
Why this is the job for you…
- Love Troubleshooting… you even do this on your days off.
- In-depth working knowledge and understanding of Hydraulics, Pumps, Motors including Machine Setup and Programming Controls.
- Experience with Hoisting and Rigging to erect and dismantle machines.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting Blueprints, Diagrams and Schematics drawings to determine work procedures.
- Certification of Qualification 433A Industrial Maintenance Mechanic or relevant experience.
- Comfortable working 3-Shift Rotating Schedule. 1 week per Shift. Days (7am to 3pm), Afternoons (3pm to 11pm), Nights (11pm to 7am).
- Enjoy physically demanding work and can handle working in a hot environment.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Tiffany.Clark@ianmartin.com or call/text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.