We are looking for a Data Analyst for our pipeline client. The Data Analyst will be working out of their Downtown Calgary office.
- Deliver standard reports, metrics and dashboards
- Assemble, analyze and evaluate data from multiple sources (Planning, Sales Forecast, and Mfg.)
- Use data to develop root cause analysis
- Liaison between business and IT to articulate business needs into requirement documents
- Lead initiatives to create new reports, metrics and dashboards based on business need
- Partner with team members in North American supply chain, materials management, product strategy, quality and IT functions to support new and ongoing business reporting, analytical and training needs
- Measurement and Target KPI Reporting – Perform ad-hoc data requests from company systems
- Further enhance North American supply chain measurements using statistical based analysis to drive conclusions through data
- Use current and future SAP technology solutions (Business Objects, SNC, APO, etc.) to standardize reporting systems where possible
- Recommend solutions to request and challenges from North American supply chain departments regarding the design and configuration of key material master fields
- Analyze existing data records, summarize quality and recommend solutions for compliance to standards and improved quality
- Communicate and implement standards to stakeholders Criteria & Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail orientated, organized, pro-active and acts with a sense of urgency
Education & Qualifications:
- A degree in business, computer science or equivalent
- 4-7 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing, maintaining and enhancing processes
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Microsoft Excel (data extraction, advanced formulas, pivot tables, add-in, etc.)
- Statistical Process Control experience a plus, not required
- Experience with statistical applications such as Mini-Tab a plus, not required
- Experience with data discovery tools a plus, not required
- Professional certification such as APICS, PMP, not required
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Require intermediate-level skills (or “Demonstrated experience”) in SharePoint site development and building Power BI dashboards
- Working knowledge of Oracle and the ability to understand how to extract data from the various systems
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.