We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Design Team Lead
Resume Due Date: March 12th 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
Project: Pickering Safe Storage Project
- Design Team Lead (DTL) is proficient in the use of Engineering Change Control processes and procedure.
- DTL is accountable for the production and delivery of high-quality design products as part of the Pickering Safe Store Project.
- Responsible for coordinating and delegating work with a team of Design Engineers to meet safety, quality, schedule and cost commitments as established by the Engineering Section Managers and/or Project Managers.
- Prepare engineering documentation, including engineering specifications, procedures, training manuals, operations manuals and drawings.
- Adhere to specific governance, processed and guidelines used to prepare/revise engineering and project documentation.
- Conduct field work to validate assumptions for ongoing assignments, and to provide technical support/oversight for execution activities.
- Assist in project planning, including preparation of Project Execution Plans, project estimating, Risk Register, Business Case Summary, and other pertinent documents.
- Prepare/revise technical justifications, procedures, training and qualification plans.
- Interface with regulators and stakeholders on technical matters.
- University degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Instrumentation and Control, Chemical or Nuclear Engineering.
- P.Eng designation required.
- 5 or more years of experience with Engineering Change Control preferred.
- Nuclear experience preferred.
- Pickering experience proffered safe store experience.
- Fuel handling knowledge, design and experience is considered asset.
- Experienced licensed operators/supervisor shift personnel is considered an asset.
- Project management or Project Coordination experience is considered an asset.