Our Oil and Gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Payment Processing Clerk for a 2-month contract role.
What you will be doing…
- This role is responsible for accurate and timely data entry of mass market and large volume customer payments including:
- Posting and balancing activities for payments received.
- Processing returned payment transactions against customer accounts, including daily balancing of returned payments bank account
- Providing back-up support (for vacation and illness) for two other roles on the payments processing team – Primary duties for these roles include:
- Posting payments made by Wire to mass market and contract customer accounts and daily balancing of the bank account where wire payments are received
- Balancing the payments received into our systems by all payment methods against monies received in our bank accounts
- Investigating and correcting payments that were misapplied.
What you will need to succeed…MUST HAVE:
- Proficient in using Excel
- Experience using Banner
- Minimum high school diploma (some post-secondary in a financial area is preferred)
- 0-3 years’ experience in a financial environment/bookkeeping/accounting
- Minimum basic understanding of bookkeeping principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills as this role requires communication with internal and external business partners.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, as accuracy is very important and daily backup for all activity is key for auditing.
- Strong organization skills, as work volumes for tasks vary throughout the month.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a financial area
- A candidate with both post-secondary education in financial area, as well as experience would be preferred.
- Open to new graduates from financial program with less experience, if they demonstrate the other required attributes and knowledge.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.