Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Contract Specialist to join their team. This is a 12-month position located out of Calgary during the Contract Sourcing stage, with relocation to a field location during the execution of the Construction Contract Administration.
The Contract Specialist is responsible for drafting and, where appropriate, reviewing agreements including customer sales contracts, contract amendments, supplier purchase and sale agreements and confidentiality and consultant agreements as well as responding to customer request for proposals (RFPs). They will work closely with company sales, service and sourcing teams as well as customers, business managers and attorneys.
The position is based on working on a number of contracts varying from Engineering and Environmental scopes up to and including Construction and Construction Services contracts for both facilities and pipelines projects. It also provides administrative support to the Sr. Contract Specialists as required based on workload assignments to assist with items such as contract closeouts, contract administration, and invoice reviews.
- Drafting and reviewing/ editing documents such as (but not limited to) – amendments, NDAs, contract renewals and expansions, and customer reorganizations for legal review.
- Managing contract clause libraries and contract databases.
Skills & Qualifications
- College degree or Associates degree and 4-7 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate using English (and local language).
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.