Our mining client is looking for a Field Superintendent to ensure contractors within their area are working in a safe manner abiding by all safety program requirements. This role is based at Cigar Lake. The schedule for this role will be 2 weeks in and 2 weeks out, on 11-hour days. Fly in and out will be provided, and room and board will be provided at Cigar Lake.
What you will be doing…
- Review and in some case development of detailed work plans according to the client’s workface planning processes.
- Oversight of contractor’s field activities, specifically in the mechanical and piping discipline to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Checking and verifying that the mechanical and piping work is completed per the engineering drawings and quality requirements.
- Monitoring of the contractor’s schedule and productivity and support resolution of barriers and issues.
- Daily validation and approval of contractor submitted labour, equipment and material reports.
- Responsible to coordinate field activities between contractors and the client’s operations team as required.
What you will need to succeed…
- Previous experience in a brown field construction environment is required.
- Previous underground mining experience considered an asset.
- Moderate computer skills required, specifically MS Office.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.