- Sudbury, Ontario
- starting at $40 per Hour
- Rotating Schedule (5/4/4/5), 10 to 12-hour Shifts
- Temporary to Permanent Position
- Must have at least 6 months of Underground or Heavy Industrial Experience
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading provider of Mining services and solutions including full mine development and operation. They apply their experience along with leading technology while always putting safe practices over all else.
This is an ideal position for someone that is looking for a long-term position in Sudbury, Ontario as this will start on contract and then transfer to permanent position once probationary period has been completed. Can work a Rotating Schedule – 5 Days On, 4 Days Off, 4 Days On, 5 Days Off; switching Days to Nights. You can demonstrate a well-balanced skill set and are a team player. You like to actively participate in conversations around Safety and work together to find the best solutions. You are one to remain calm under pressure and focus on the job at hand.
What you’ll be doing…
- Installation, Troubleshooting and Systems Testing
- Setting up Wi-Fi and Fibre Optics Cables
- Maintaining Substations
- Reading blueprints and technical drawings
- Assisting in Troubleshooting underground equipment
- Setting up Remote Controls
- Participating in all safety and shift discussions
Why this is the job for you…
- Licensed 309A and/or 442A Journeyman Electrician (Red Seal an asset)
- A minimum of 6 months of relevant Underground experience including Heavy Industrial Maintenance; Construction could be considered
- Working knowledge of PLCs required, programming would be an asset but not required
- NORCAT Basic Common Core Training (can be provided at time of hire)
- Can commit to following safety protocols as required by site
- Professional and team-oriented attitude that is responsible and dependable
- Want to commit to a long-term position in Sudbury, Ontario.
- Confident in passing pre-employment screening including Criminal Record Check, Drug & Alcohol, and Medical Testing.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.