Junior Mechanical Technologist
- St. Catharines, ON
- Full-time permanent
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Office work hours 8:00am- 5:00pm
- Compensation: $50,000/ annual
- RRSP Contributions
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a global organization that designs and builds machinery for the Mining, Aggregate and Industrial industries. This is an environment fit for a recent graduate that is well versed in design software such as Solid Edge or Solidworks
As our new Technologist, you will enjoy working within a small engineering team that collaborates and builds machine packages for reputable companies around the world.
This position requires someone with a College Diploma over a University Degree in Engineering. Experienced drafters and designers will be considered first.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the design and testing of vibrating screens and washing technology to meet customer requirements utilizing technical data management.
- Using the software Solid Edge to create, revise and review designs.
- Entering, maintaining and creating new data in SAP
- Revising of existing designs to new engineering standards
- Drafting of mechanical components
- Classification and documentation of parts and assemblies
- Development of Bills of Materials and Cutting Lists
- Suggest LEAN ideas to improve engineering efficiencies
This is the job for you because…
- Diploma in Mechanical Technology
- Experienced with either Solid Edge or Solidworks
- Utilizing time management and complete projects within the deadlines
- Collaborate with exciting design engineers to create the best draft and designs
- Enjoy working in a Quiet but fast paced engineering office
- You are focused on the task and are detail oriented
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.