Our Public Sector client in Toronto is looking to hire a Help Desk Technician for a 6-month contract opportunity.
The Help desk Technician provides technical support and service to users, troubleshooting and resolving issues, routine equipment maintenance and installation.
The following outlines the primary duties and responsibilities for the Systems Technician:
- Receives calls from users concerning hardware/software problems and other relevant requests.
- Logs calls, troubleshoots & analyzes problems.
- Liaises with IT/IS Supervisors as required and determines solutions and appropriate responses.
- Escalating calls to higher level support as required.
- Setting up, configuring and/or repairing PC’s using standard images, and printers, etc.
- Moving physical hardware and wiring as required.
- Travels to other office sites as required in order to provide technical support and response.
Other duties as assigned.
- Program completion in a community college or technical college in a related discipline.
- MCP certification an asset.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a support environment.
- Proficiency working in a windows environment using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and the Internet. Experience with client databases or other applications an asset.
B) Knowledge and Experience:
- Working knowledge in networking or personal computer activities and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Help desk software.
- Demonstrated analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and accurately.
- Maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgement and discretion.
- Valid Driver’s License with unrestricted access to a vehicle is preferred.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written with proven ability communicating with all levels of staff.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong organization and prioritization techniques ensuring data is entered accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and accurately in the presence of frequent interruptions
- Ability to manage frequent changes within a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, recognize sensitivity and exercise good judgement, discretion and accountability in all aspects of the Help Desk Technician role when dealing with colleagues and management
- Maintains confidentiality and security of client health information
- Ability to respect diversity and demonstrate cultural competence in all interactions with colleagues
- Competency in the French language and other additional languages an asset
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
Nature and Scope:
Internally, communicates with other employees in other divisions/departments throughout to obtain, clarify and discuss information required in performing the duties of the job. Externally, this position will have contact with a range of stakeholders on behalf of the Business.
Responsible for determining the appropriate priorities for assigned project activities to support the business and overall project while dealing with multiple and often conflicting demands.
- Works in an open concept environment at a cubicle
- Travel to multiple site offices, including hospitals and partner organizations required
- Work hours may be variable as related to project activities and to support business unit needs
- Interaction with external vendors and consultants
Variable hours (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. or as required). Scheduled hours and days require flexibility in order to meet the needs of the Client and its staff and clients. Initial area and/or schedule may change in order to facilitate the needs of the Client in accordance with the Collective Agreement
- Potential long periods of sitting and talking on the phone
- Ergonomic issues of prolonged sitting, bending, lifting, keyboarding, or viewing computer monitor
- Smoke-free, scent-free office environment
- Video display terminal (VDT) use
- Ability to work outside normal business hours is required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.